Brave Homeowner Stops Intruder Who Followed Her Home

As a firm believer in the Second Amendment, I am always grateful to hear stories of responsible gun ownership that save lives. Recently, a woman was put in a chokehold at a gas station by a man who then followed her home and kicked in her doors. Thankfully, the woman was able to defend herself by using her firearm and ultimately stopping the attacker.

This story is a perfect example of why it is so important for law-abiding citizens to have access to firearms. In this case, the woman was able to protect herself and her property from an attacker who had already demonstrated violent behavior. Without her firearm, she would have been at the mercy of this man’s aggression.

On the morning of February 17th, police responded to a call at a residence on Cambridge Avenue in North Charleston, South Carolina. When they arrived, they found the homeowner had been using his firearm to stop an attack by John Jones, 42. The homeowner alleged that he and a woman were at a gas station when Jones approached and began arguing with her. He then put her in a choke hold before she managed to escape and return to her home with the homeowner.

Not long after they returned, Jones allegedly followed them back to the residence where he kicked down both the screen door and main door. In response, the homeowner armed himself with a gun and fired two or three shots towards their assailant. The shots hit their intended target who subsequently fled the area but was later located on South Allen Drive suffering from gunshot wounds. Police observed damage to the front door as well as spent shell casings inside of the residence.

Jones was arrested after being released from hospital care where he spent several days recovering from his injuries sustained from the shooting incident. He was booked into Al Cannon Detention Center on one count of first-degree burglary and had an active warrant out for his arrest for cocaine and fentanyl possession with intent to distribute prior to this incident.

As of Monday morning, Jones remained in jail without bond. According to authorities, Jones and the homeowner had known each other for between 10-15 years prior to this incident occurring.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here